Pre-order Bananarama

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fear

So I'm blogging a lot of silly stuff this week because I'm absolutely petrified. Today was my final day as a full-time employee at work. I supervise the workforce management team at a local utility sort of company, at least I did until this afternoon when I stepped down to attend law school full-time. This is probably the biggest risk I have taken in my life. I'm 33 and just ever-so-barely employed for the first time in many years. I haven't studied in 10 years, and I'll be competing with a bunch of 22-year-olds. Whether Craiggers and I can survive financially through this journey is still up in the air, but I know one thing...when those kids challenge me in class, I can look at them with my shoulder pads held high and tell them

"Nobody said life was fair. I'm bigger, I'm faster, and I will ALWAYS beat you!"
















Mommie and I have fought worse monsters than those law school kids for years in Hollywood. We know how to win the hard way.

2 comments:

TV Baby said...

You keep that attitude Christopher and you'll do just fine. Against the other students that is...I can't imagine the focus it will take to actually learn the law! Of course if you channel your inner Joan Crawford you won't need the law...just your wits and a great pair of shoes.

kj said...

christopher, you will be a fantastic lawyer. let your knees knock: you'll be alright.

kj