Pre-order Bananarama

Monday, May 22, 2006

P.I.B.

When I was in high school, I was a P.I.B. (Person In Black). You know those kids that wear all black, mope about, and wear their miserablism as a fashion statement? That was me, and I take full responsibility for how utterly annoying I must have been. In my defense, you try growing up the funny-looking and also really really really nelly kid in a small town in Appalachia. It is a wonder I didn't end up a serial killer.

Anyway, when I was locked up in my bedroom bemoaning the hand fate had dealt me, I was usually listening to Morrissey. I'm a far happier person these days, but I still adore Morrissey, and since it is his birthday today (oh, and since I seem to be posting nothing but music stuff this week), here is my favorite of his solo hits. The song is called "Suedehead", from his first solo album "Viva Hate", and the video is completely non-sensical and lovely.

No comments: