Pre-order Bananarama

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A stitch in time

Ahhh, the wonders of e-mail! My doc's surgical nurse responded to my e-mail about my popped stitches (I had e-mailed her pics) instead of calling because she knows I check my e-mail all the time. Only I never got it. So, I've been sitting here freaking out over the big gaping wound on the inside of my mouth, and getting ready to head to the ER and find an oral surgeon to stitch me up. Well, as it turns out, there will be no restitching. Evidently, that is too risky with infections and such (as if I don't drink enough to kill any potential germs). So, I'm supposed to buy some stuff called Biotene to swish with (I can swish....I'm damn good at swishing), and wait for the whole hole to heal.

I have no idea what any of this means to how I'm going to look when this is all done. I can say that my eyelid still droops, so that is something I will have to get fixed in the future. I also know there is a small piece of the VM in there still, even though it might dissolve. It's all just a crapshoot right now, and I have no idea how everything is going to turn out a month from now. I just hope I can smile because right now, that hurts like a MF. FYI, reading Gawker.com's story about how Joan Rivers is putting together a gay version of "The View" with Al Reynolds taking the Star Jones spot...not a good idea when it is agony to laugh.

No comments: