Pre-order Bananarama

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Adopted

Much as I love my mother, I've often been convinced that perhaps, just perhaps, I might actually be adopted. I thought maybe I was switched at birth with Chastity Bono, but now I'm just a wee bit convinced that my real mother is actually Delta Burke. From her acceptance speech of an award from the Human Rights Campaign:

And I too dream of a perfect world. And in my perfect world there will no longer be the need to give Equality Awards, because equality will simply be. Now, don’t think I’m giving this back, because I love awards…and tiaras…and homosexuals. Thank you very, very much. This means so much.























Not that my mother doesn't love homosexuals, or even awards...it's the tiara part that she just doesn't get. Bless her heart.

If you need a laugh (and who doesn't with that monkey in the White House playing Monopoly with our money), check out Miss Delta in her funniest work since Designing Women, and probably the funniest movie of the last ten years, Sordid Lives. Based on a play by Del Shores, Delta plays a jilted trailer-dwelling housewife as part of a cast that includes her cheating amputee husband (Beau Bridges), an asylum-bound Tammy Wynette impersonator (Leslie Jordan of Will & Grace), a gum-snapping honky-tonk singer (Olivia Newton-John), and a host of other brilliant character actors in a movie that bills itself as "A black comedy about white trash." And it's less than $8.00 on Amazon.com.

No comments: