Pre-order Bananarama

Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the dirt

Wow, looking back over the last few posts, I really do sound angry. Ignorant celebs and my contracts class are just driving me into full-on meanness! But, just in case all 10 or so of you start to worry your heads about my well-being, here is some reassurance that some things are still happy here in the land of Trading Faces:






Kylie Minogue kicked off the Showgirl Tour this week after cancelling it last year when she had to take up the fight against breast cancer. She didn't just kick cancer's ass, she got out her hot glue gun and decorated it!
















While I am eating some meat these days for the first time in 13 years, I haven't started with the beef. Who needs it when you have Fantastic Foods' veggie chili mix? I looooooove a bowl of this chili made with black beans and some extra spice, and maybe a peanut butter sandwich on the side. I can get three seriously filling meals out of this for about $4, and given our budget these days, that's great!















Is it demented that I'm already playing Christmas music? This particular series is my favorite, featuring folks like Sinatra, Dean Martin, Rosemary Clooney, and fabulous Ms. Julie London (my all-time fave Xmas song is "I'd Like You For Christmas").













I didn't have any shoes to wear to the gym when my pal Katie and I started going last week, so I bought these sassy Pumas at discount shoe website Zappo's. We've only made it to the gym once, but my hooves were just as cool as can be.








There are two things that are getting me through law school right now. They are, in no particular order:





1. Cheap vanilla vodka. Stoli is my favorite, but this cheapo brand seriously tastes about as good as the other flavored brands. Gee, cheap vanilla vodka and generic Diet Coke...things are tight around the Trading Faces offices!
















2. Glannon's Examples & Explanations study guide on Civil Procedure is essential for any first year law student. If you don't need it, you're obviously smarter than me, which makes me question your choice of blog reading material. I have put the Examples & Explanations for Contracts on my Christmas list, which may also make me the biggest nerd alive today.

7 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Sometimes it's not hard to get upset when reading about celebrities. Just looking at what they wear sometimes irritate me. However, Kylie can wear anything and she will always be on my favored list!

Good luck with law school Christopher. At least you are still a very interesting multi-faceted personality. I have been following your comments on MG everyday, even though I don't post much about dishes these days. I am on a dish trike!

Cooper said...

You're probably the only reader to actually get my joke! Thanks for your comment. :)

Keep enjoying the vodka, hope the Glannon's comes through for Christmas... I already got mine from a friend.

Ms. Val said...

Well, you could pull a Mitch Cooper and get a night job parking cars at one of finer Louisville-area discos. You just have to be careful and don't pay cab fare for every cute drunk who comes out of the place.

kj said...

awww, christopher, at least say hi to me........

ChristopherM said...

LOL! Heya KJ!

kj said...

why do i feel like i won the lottery?

thanks, christopher, i kinda know you already....

Anonymous said...

FYI - Know the federal rules of civil procedure backward and forward (including the comments) and you should be fine. Glannon helps to some extent, but the rules themselves are what you need to know!