Pre-order Bananarama

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Weekly Cheese

I have an exam tomorrow, and thus Hell Week officially ends (at least until my next memo is due). Anyway, when it comes to the Basic Legal Research exam, I've got this....y'all can just hang back. That's why I feel comfortable for the first time in a week, and feel the need to post some silliness. And if it turns out that I'm overly confident, well, you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have this week's cheese.

The Weekly Cheese is brought to us by an 80s sitcom close to my heart. The first season of this show featured a large cast with a school marm sort who left Arnold, Willis, and Kimberly to the hands of someone else (and we all know how that turned out). One of the many cast members was my childhood idol, Molly Ringwald. By the second season, they pared down the cast and added a lesbian for no apparent reason. But back in the day, this show was actually rather edgy as we see in this clip where Natalie and Tootie buy a bong for Mrs. Garrett. The Weekly Cheese is brought to you by....

"The Facts of Life"



Extra special thanks to the beautiful, talented, and slightly demented Sister Mary Cliff for turning us on to this long-forgotten masterpiece. We'll be sending some thank-you bongs in her general direction.

1 comment:

TV Baby said...

I LOVE the bong episode!! I was just thinking about it a couple weeks ago. And I actually kissed that lesbian. It was 1982 and I was attending the Hall of Fame parade in Canton, OH, my hometown. Nancy and her brother Phil (i.e. Tommy from "Alice") were there signing autographs. She was really very nice and when I asked if I could kiss her she let me plant one on her cheek. I also scammed on Erin from the Waltons and Daisy Duke too. I guess at 11 my man-loving hormones hadn't quite kicked in...or maybe I just had a thing for manly women! Regardless, Jo Polnaczek will always hold a special place in my heart.