Pre-order Bananarama

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wanda Does It

I have a lot to say about this whole Mark Foley scandal in Congress. Let me just start with how much I just looooove that all the conservative talking heads keep pointing out that he is gay, I guess because this sort of thing is expected of us (tell that to the female page who was sleeping with her Congressman from Illinois back in the 80s). There are two points you need to remember in this case.

1) Rep. Mark Foley is a sexual predator. He used his position to put himself in sexual situations with teenagers. His orientation has nothing to do with it...he's sleaze either way.
2) Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert's office was informed of what this perv was doing in Fall 2005. In spring 2006, the kid's congressional sponsor told Hastert directly, as well as the Republican Campaign Committe chair and the House Majority Leader. None of them did a damn thing.

Now, I have many more comments on this whole issue, and the recent trend of people coming out who we'd like to give back to the strayt folks (Jim McGreevy and Lance Bass, I'm talking to your sorry butts!), but I would rather leave it to the brilliant Wanda Sykes, who summed up my feelings in under two minutes on what must have been the first funny episode of "The Tonight Show" in about 5 years.



And while we're getting down with Wanda, I wanted to share a sketch she did regarding former President Clinton, and how he's a big racist. I can see her point, and have decided he is a homophobe too!

No comments: