Pre-order Bananarama

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Out of the hospital

My doctor released me this morning from the hospital, and I am now resting as comfortably as can be expected at our apartment. Today was the first time I’ve been able to discuss the situation directly with him. Right now I actually look worse than I ever have, with massive amounts of swelling, a huge incision, and a nasty drain hanging from my neck. However, Dr. Waner says that he got pretty much everything in the cheek. He was not able to reach some tumor located around the lip, however, he says that he cut off the supplies to it, and with the injections on Wednesday, it should die off and dissolve. I’m not supposed to really look for major changes for about three weeks, but knowing me, I’m already anxious and freaking out, still not totally believing that this all worked.

Dr. Waner also says that he expects to do some laser surgery on me within the next three months as well as some cosmetic work. I see that several of you have called, but I’ve been out of it off and on, and my throat is sore from intubation, so I’m not talking much. Mainly I’m just glad to be out of the hospital where the nurses woke me up every hour, and my roommate snored like a bear. I’ll probably be posting pics sometime early this week so you can all see how awful I look right now. You know me, I’m all about the exhibitionism.

No comments: