Pre-order Bananarama

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Postcard From the Edge

Having a horrible time...wish you were here!

Greetings friends,

Well, it seems that the world is going to hell in a handbasket all around us. Don Imus is a bigot who finally got called out on it. The Middle East is blowing up. There's only one person left in America who doesn't think Global Warming is real, and unfortunately he is some yokel in the White House. Danilynn finally has a daddy. And I couldn't care less.

That's right y'all, it is final exam time again! I start the fun on April 25 at 9am, and continue through Oaks Day. For non-Louisvillians, that is the racing day at Churchill Downs the day before Derby...this time of year, we measure everything by Derby. But there will be no Derby fun for the law students of Louisville. No, we only get contracts and civil procedure and property and criminal law and torts (oh my!). I'll have a three-hour written exam every other weekday for a week and a half, each of which is my entire grade in the class. Whose damn idea was this law school business anyway?!

So, excited as I am that Anna Nicole's baby is a fellow Louisvillian by way of the baby daddy, I need to get back to work. I hope to either get some inspiration this summer after I've taken most of this semester off. In the meantime, I leave you with some of what is playing on the background of my beloved computer, Ms. Maybelline Macbook.

If you haven't heard this, I'm thinking perhaps you should get out more. It was recommended by Trading Faces reader Denise, and the entire album has been on near constant play here for a month.
Amy Winehouse, "Rehab" (live at the Brit Awards)



Erasure used to be one of my favorites, but they haven't put out anything really compelling in years, at least not until this month. This is the lead single off their upcoming album, and one of the sweetest love songs I've heard in ages.
Erasure, "I Could Fall In Love With You"



Finally, here is an old favorite dance artist who has put out a stomping remake of an old Pointer Sisters hit. And the bonus is a TOTALLY SEXY video (Ces, for your own good, please don't click play!).
Ultra Nate', "Automatic"


Oh, and we would like you to know that new Trading Faces kitty is settling in nicely.



However, he still can't be bothered with you.

2 comments:

Cooper said...

Good luck on your exams - I'm sure you'll do well!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Christopher! I am in CPA exam hell so I feel some of your pain. I am learning all about the Uniform Commercial Code...good times...